Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Good-Excellent Day

My definition of a good day is rather simple:  we attempt to have a storytime (the actual storytime can last anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes...storytimes over 5 minutes make it an excellent day), Noel eats foods at each meal, Juliet attempts to eat food at any point in the day, and the girls take naps at the same time.  That last one is critical - making the difference in my sanity.  If I have two hours to clean the kitchen, fold laundry, do some work for my scholarship job, and prep dinner, then that is two hours I don't have to stay up at night.  And if I can't prep dinner during naptime, I tell Scott it's Pizza Night.  We don't have a standard Pizza Night on a Friday or Saturday Night - we have it whenever I can't prep dinner until 9:00 p.m., which is not helpful at all.

Yesterday, the girls didn't streamline their naps:  Juliet went down from 10:00 to noon, Noel napped from 1:00 to 3:00, and Juliet started her second nap at 3:01.  It was a lovely day where I accomplished nothing on my to-do list, but we did have multiple storytimes that lasted over 5 minutes.  And of course, we went out for pizza.

So, it was a good day according to my meal plan, but an excellent day for reading happiness. 

No comments: