Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bob the Builder

It's funny how 90% of what I say to the girls gets lost in translation and 95% of what I do never gets noticed.  But once in awhile they pay attention, and that is why I'm still hearing "Bob the Builder" referred to as "Jesus".  The full story:

We had planned to go to Salt Lake for Christmas Eve, but a blizzard hit early afternoon.  Suddenly, I was in the middle of making Fettucine Alfredo and planning a nativity scene.  I had been counting on my sister for costumes, my mother as the director and pianist...my job was only to enjoy the production.  But here we were, and not wanting the night to end without reading the Christmas story, I snagged some toys from the girls' rooms and set up a kid-friendly version of Luke 2.  We had some farm animals and a little manger--but no baby, so we used the little "Bob the Builder" figure holding a shovel.  And that is the 5% they noticed.

It's March, and several times a week, they still set up a nativity, and make sure that "Bob the Builder-Jesus" is center stage.  I think I'll start planning for December now.


No comments: