Thursday, March 14, 2013

The "Half-Monte"

I waffled back and forth for the past month--should I sign up for this half-marathon?  Should I wait?  Am I going to regret it?  Am I going to have time to train?  And most importantly:  am I going to be able to eat chocolate while I'm training?  During all this questioning and wondering, Scott was ever-supportive.  He only said, "If you want to enter--go for it."  He's very smart with things like that--he knows to be supportive, without specific directions on what I should do.  On the other hand, if he is not excited a little bit, I'll wonder if I can really do it.  What can I say?  I have a tendency to over-analyze.  Just a bit.

But tonight, I only had 2 hours left before registration went up $10.00.  I'm too cheap to spend ten more dollars because I was slow to commit, so I finally did it.  I'm going to run the Huntsville Half-Marathon, known as the "Half-Monte" in September.  (The full marathon is the "Full Monte"...named for the beginning of the race:  Monte Cristo, not the film).  It's been YEARS since my last major race, and I feel like a beginner all over again.  Well, run or jog, I'm going to cross that finish line.  And that's the big news of my day.  :-)




3 comments:

The Neves Family said...

I am so proud of you! You are going to do awesome!!! I will totally come cheer you on. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great race! I love Huntsville! Jason and I used to talk about someday living there. Good luck with the training. You'll be awesome!

summer said...

woot! woot! go Brookie...I'll cheer you on for that one, and do the 5K with you and Maddie at the first of June. I better start training - as in yesterday. Did you get that?! I hope there aren't crickets chirping on your end!!! ;)