Monday, April 29, 2024

Monday Beginnings

Monday. 

A good Monday.

All 3 kids are at school - the 1st day that's happened in over a month.

And I'm happy.

Does that make me a bad parent - or just an introvert that's been getting by on very limited quiet time - specifically personal time to do things in an order that makes sense to me? I haven't taken a total break today - I still did the dishes and got the laundry started. I'm going to head to the grocery store soon. But it's just that I've been able to think complete thoughts today w/o requests for hot lemonade or herbal tea. I've been able to listen to a fantastic podcast about the Book of Job while doing some house chores. I've got 4 weeks until summer break, and I really really  need this time to think in order to handle summer. 3 months of having kids home - asking the question "what are we doing today?" everyday. Like - everyday. I thought being a mom was more being a guide and teacher, but it's more like being a social even planner, which is so not my gig. It's setting up play dates, and making special food, and finding ways to make holidays special beyond the norm. It's figuring out presents and gifts and activities for a wide group of ages and interests. And for this mom, it's a lot. It's exhausting. I feel like I'm pretty good at the everyday life (mostly), but the weekends, holidays, and school breaks really are a struggle. And the summer break is the biggest one of all. And so, I'm just trying to enjoy today - and tomorrow - and the next few weeks before the daily requests of "what are we doing today?" begin.


No comments: