Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Mind's Eye

Sometimes, we think big about a family outing.  We pack the diaper bag, load up the kiddos, and head out for an adventure.  More times than not, we arrive back home exhausted, frustrated, and wondering what we were thinking.  I don't know if it's because our kids are still in the toddler--"I can't do anything by myself" phase, or if we are really bad planners.  But once in awhile, we get things right.  We plan and organize an activity that both girls like, and we love it as well!  The one we loved this past month was Easter.  For the past three years, I've bought egg-coloring kits.  And each Easter, something happened where we couldn't actually dye the eggs.  But this year, things happened so that we were home Saturday night as a family, and we just had a great time.  It turned out exactly as I had seen it in my mind's eye.


 









 The final result:














Be very impressed.


No comments: