Monday, October 23, 2023

My Morning Routine Is a Work in Progress (as am I)

I have two goals everyday:  practice copywriting and work on getting clients. That's it.  I'm taking the counsel of Ryan and Chelli and working to apply them everyday.  I've started over with the emotional techniques, and going to work through them daily (hopefully 2 techniques a day).  I'll be writing them for potential clients so I can share them.

I'm feeling pretty good this morning--of course it took me a few hours to get here (it's now 10:45 a.m.), but I'm not in a good spot for writing.  I seriously am not allowed to pick up my phone in the mornings.  I completely wasted the 6 a.m. - 7 a.m. hour, then again from 8:15 - 8:55 a.m. My phone is now in time-out, because I can't handle it.  I listened to a coaching call to get in the right mindset while sorting and starting laundry, and have ben at the laptop since 10 a.m.--actually making headway.  I think I'm "slow to start"--and it's okay to work on some housekeeping stuff while listening to a coaching call, so when I sit down, my mind is focused.  I used to be good at getting up and within 5 minutes I was working out or journaling or reading my scriptures.  Now, I'm like, "I'm awake physically, but this mind is slowly processing...proceed with caution and kindness."  

I've got to start fitting my morning routine to what it "should" be, or what it "used to be".  I've got to figure out what works. Let's be honest--the starting laundry and cleaning a bit in the morning IS a good fit for our home and family needs.  Lean into it, do it, and then start work once a couple areas are clean.  It'll help with feeling like we're on the right foot.

So...now that I'm started (I've already outlined a couple examples of the emotional technique #1), I'm going to write that now and post it.  Work in Progress.  let's go!

No comments: