Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Treadmill

Today I got on our treadmill, which curiously looks like a clothes hanger much of the time.  This is because most of the time, I'm doing laundry instead of exercising.  But today was different.  Today, I got dressed in my windpants and t-shirt, convinced my husband to watch the kids for 25 minutes, and got on the treadmill.

I had modest goals:  stay on the treadmill for 25 minutes; break a sweat; jog a 13:20 pace mile.  After 5 minutes, I changed my goals:  stay on the treadmill for 13 minutes; break a sweat; jog for 2 consecutive minutes at any pace.  I may be performing poorly in the cardiovascular arena, but I'm obviously quite flexible. :-)

After my run, er, jog, I was planning more workouts and ways to get in shape.  Goals like the following:  5 sit-ups a day, 1 dessert a day, get on the treadmill again tomorrow.  But now, at the close of the day, I haven't done those 5 sit-ups, but I did have dessert.   Obviously, I need to work on my goal-setting.

No comments: