Wednesday, August 23, 2023

School Day #1

 The kids are back in school.

I'm elated.

I'm lost.

I'm happy 

I'm Sad.

I love being alone and I miss them.

I'm counting down the minutes until they're home, which is incredibly soon as it's only a half-day.  Yes, this week is only half-days, so I really have to get going as soon as they go.  It's 11:52 a.m., and I've only barely started to focus on my copywriting course.  (apparantly, today is a get-my-head-back-in-the-game day).

We did a "taper" on Monday and Tuesday, and this morning went fairly well.  There was only one argument about the 2nd hair curler not working, and Chaim woke up way too early...like an hour early.  We also didn't realize the elementary school started 10 minutes earlier, and barely made it to Chaim's 1st day.  Sorry, Chai.  Also, didn't really prepare him that he'd be the only one going to the elementary school.  Second sorry.  He's such a tender heart and loves his sisters.  We went to a playground yesterday for our last day of summer, and he only wanted to go with them.  Just)his sisters, or rather "dee-dohs", the name he gave them when he first started speaking.  They'll be 30 years old, and we'll still refer to them as the "dee-dohs".  You can't plan that sort of stuff.  Names given spontaneously are the best names.  

And that's about it for today.  Just trying to get back in the groove of things.  I did my "hand copy" assignment, and now am going to try writing another piece of ad copy to get going.  And then plan out tomorrow to hit the ground running.  I want to use these school hours when the house is quiet for my business, and leave cleaning, laundry, meal prep for when the kids are home (or at least after 4 hours of copywriting).  I want to do better at organizing my time and using my most focused hours of being alone for the hardest work, so that I can focus on the kids and not have to work when they're home. That's the goal.  

I'll check in again and report.  Oh...one more thing.  I'm contemplating a digital detox for the month of September, so that I don't waste time on my phone, especially on youtube.  

No comments: