Thursday, March 21, 2024

The Work-At-Home Blog Post (ideas and outline)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am working on a blog post about stay-at-home moms, hoping to use it for a portfolio piece as well as submitting to get published. I picked a topic I struggle with, so that it would be interesting to write AND would help me figure out the #1 question I currently have: how in the heck do I possibly figure out the work hours of working at home, without any sort of structure from anyone? 

I sent out a survey, and the responses were fascinating. It does prove to me that others may not struggle as much with transitions or focusing as I do. I'm still unsure if this is something I can just learn, or if there really is a mental thing happening. My friend Tori has mentioned that I exhibit some signs of ADHD, and MK as well. I don't know though. I know I need to get in to see a Counselor, because if it could help me figure out how to focus, that would be amazing. I do know that I do much better with a schedule and structure. I've known that for a very long time.

Once I'm started, I'm amazing. I just don't know how to sit down and start in the morning. I'll tell you what doesn't work - sitting on the couch in the front room (first thing anyway). If I end up there later in the day, that's fine. Also, having my phone with me. Seriously - it's the worst thing to give to someone like me that has a hard time focusing. I think this is why I like paper and pen so much - instead of the computer. It doesn't have distractions. I don't open a page, click on some random link I hadn't thought about 5 seconds before, and then get sucked into 5 more articles (none of which are things I need, but all of them are suddenly imperative to me). I'm a sucker for that sort of click-bait. 

Anyway, I'm going to work on the work-at-home outline today. As in now. Then web copy, then sending out a couple emails. Whew! A fun day ahead!

No comments: