Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Yup - I hit "send"!

I just submitted my 2nd piece to LDS Living. This one feels like a bigger thing to submit. It's longer, but it just feels a bit bigger - probably because the reading pool is bigger than the BYU Alumni magazine. Anyway, I hit "send". It felt scary to do, and I did it. It's my second piece I've submitted it. 

I'm really proud of myself. I'm writing and going forward. The next piece I'm going to work on is for a different sort of publication - instead of gospel-related, it's for an educational company. I think it will be a good challenge, and push me to expand what I'm writing about.

I'm also continuing with the book idea I had with Juliet. I have an intro and the first section started. It's a lot of fun to write and work on. I think I could probably start sending out queries to publishing companies while I'm working on it. This is totally new to me, but I have to start somewhere! I'm going to research a bit how to send out a "pitch". That's exciting!

Well, it's Wednesday - so my goal is to work on the education piece for the next week and submit between next Wednesday and Friday. 

and...while doing that to start sending out some copywriting things to get some clients. The video yesterday was helpful to getting my motivation going again!

That's it for today - now I've gotta get to work!

No comments: